Bolton NHS Foundation Trust has been shortlisted a fantastic six times in the national Unsung Hero Awards.
The Unsung Hero Awards celebrate the often-overlooked hard work of NHS non-medical staff members. Nearly 20 nominations were received for the Trust in a number of categories, including Team of the Year, Leader of the Year and Everyday Hero.
We’re pleased to announce that the following staff have been shortlisted, and will go through to the annual event:
- Raksha Mistry – Clinical Trials Administrator – Leader of the Year
- Payroll Department – Team of the Year
- Health Records – Team of the Year
- Trust Headquarters secretary team – Team of the Year
- E3 ward – Team of the Year
- Andy Lee, Charitable Fundraiser – Everyday Hero
Jackie Bene, Chief Executive of Bolton NHS Foundation Trust said:
“It’s wonderful that staff from our corporate and support functions are being recognised in this way. Often the hospital is thought of as just doctors and nurses, but behind the scenes are hundreds and hundreds of staff who work tirelessly to support our medical teams in caring for our patients.
“I wish them every success at the event next year.”
The full shortlist can be found at their website www.unsungheroawards.com. The winners will be announced at an event in February.