Being affected by cancer can leave you feeling shocked, upset and very isolated. There are so many questions to be answered and so many feelings to deal with.
The Bolton Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service has teamed up with Bolton NHS Foundation Trust to provide a monthly support group for people affected by cancer.
The group will meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month starting on 23rd January 2019. The sessions will be held from 5.30pm-7.30pm at the Education Centre, Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road, Bolton, BL4 0JR.
The meetings will cover a different topic over the next six months:
- Month 1 – 23rd Jan 2019 Emotional wellbeing
- Month 2 – 27th Feb 2019 – Getting back to work & financial support
- Month 3 – 27th March 2019 – Diet & healthy eating
- Month 4 – 24th April 2019 – Fatigue Management
- Month 5 – 22nd May 2019 – Supporting someone with cancer
- Month 6 – 6th June – 2019 – Health & Wellbeing
Sessions are designed for patients, carers and family members, the first part of the session will include a guest speaker followed by an opportunity to speak to others in a similar situation. You can attend all sessions or just book for ones that you feel are appropriate to you. The sessions will end with a short relaxation exercise.
The sessions are free of charge and a light buffet is provided. Parking is also free for those attending the support group.
For further information, or to book a place, please contact the Bolton Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service on 01204 390 625.