Subject: Junior doctors information
1) Is the trust on course to implement the new contract in August 2016?
2) What steps the trust has taken to discuss with junior doctors working within it or under lead employer arrangements about the implementation of the contract and the perspective of trainees?
3) Has the trust advertised / is planning to advertise for the new guardian role(s)? If so please supply further information about the job specification, essential requirements and person specification.
In addition I would be grateful if you could provide any materials pertaining to the implementation of the new contract within your trust. This should include but not be limited to
4) New rota designs (with comparisons from before)
5) Any modelling relating to the effects for the trust (including cost impact, levels of staffing across the week, impact upon training)
6) Details of any plans to change services offered in order to implement 7 day services as a result of this contract change.
7) Any correspondence from or to NHS employers, Health Education England or the local deanery regarding contract implementation.
|Due to discussions on the junior doctors contracts re-opening Monday 09th May 2016, all work has ceased on the implementation of the junior Dr’s contracts and we are awaiting further guidance on the matter from NHS Improvement and NHS Employers.|