Subject: Ophthalmology procedures
I am writing to request data (under the UK Freedom of Information Act) on Ophthalmology procedures performed at hospitals that are commissioned at your trust. I have tried to find this data through HSCIC published data but it is unavailable.
Therefore, I would like to request the following:
- Catchment population of your trust by age (in brackets of 10 years) – e.g. total of 250,000 people of which 20,000 are within 10-20 years old
- Number of patients in each age bracket of 10 years (e.g. 50-60, 60-70) undergoing cataract surgery.
- Source of referrals (GP, optician, hospital, other) for cataract surgery for each financial year between 2006 and 2016
- Has e-Referrals (i.e. choose and book) been implemented?
- What is the nature of your referral management system (if any)?
- How many referrals by GPs, Opticians, Hospital Doctors or Others are received by the referral management system for cataract surgery, and how many of these are declined?
- Mean and median waiting times from referral to cataract surgery for each financial year between 2006 and 2016
- Total volume of injections for macular degeneration performed per financial year – between 2006 and 2016
- If recorded, please also provide number of unique patients receiving injections per financial year
|Please find information attached.
2016-284 – FOI Request – Ophthalmology procedures [28 kb] Ms Excel