Subject: Hospital parking fees and internet access for young cancer patients
- Where a cancer patient is under 17, do car parking exemptions for cancer patients (as specified on the hospital website) apply to their parent or guardian?
- Do these exemptions or concessions apply to cancer patients who are attending follow up appointments (i.e. they are not undergoing active treatment)?
- Where do you display information about parking concessions or exemptions/how are those eligible informed?
- How many exemptions have been awarded in the years 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 to:
- Parents of children with cancer, and
- Young people (17- 25 years old) with cancer
- How many complaints have you received from cancer patients 17-25 years old or parents of children with cancer regarding car parking charges or information about car parking charges in the following years?
- Do you have wireless internet (wi-fi) available to cancer patients under 25 years old and their families on the appropriate ward and/or elsewhere in the hospital?
- If so, is this free or is there a charge for this? (Please include details where there is an initial free period, followed by charged access)
- What is the internet connection speed? (Please specify the speed in the areas where young cancer patients access, for example the wards)
- How many complaints have you received from cancer patients under 25 years old or parents of children with cancer regarding access to the internet or wi-fi in your hospital in the following years?
We do not treat young people with cancer at this hospital.