Subject: Photography policy and information
1.Do you have a policy regarding photography of patients and/or the use of photographic devices within your organisation, please list and supply all that apply?
- How many clinical photographers do you employ?
- Do you audit photographs taken of patients within your organisation for clinical and/or non-clinical uses? (Audit means that you actively look at your systems for photographs taken and by whom, also you look at any cameras/devices you allow to be used and report on the use)
- Please list all the photographic devices you allow to be used or supply staff to use. I.e. compact cameras, staff personal mobile phones etc.
- How many patients (count repeated sessions separately) were photographed by staff not classified as professional clinical photographers during the period 1/1/2015 to 31/12/2015?
- Of these how many:
|How many of the above number have recorded consent for the taking of the photographs?||How many of the above number have recorded consent for the use of the photographs?|
|Taken under Mental Capacity Act best interest test and recorded on records as such||Consent for medical records/care use only||Consent for teaching use within your organisation only||Consent for teaching use outside of your organisation||Consent for publication where the publication is named- if not named then count as no consent|
|In paper notes – no patient/guardian signature|
|In paper notes – with patient/guardian signature|
|EPR- no patient/guardian signature|
|EPR with patient/guardian signature|
|On specific photographic consent form – no patient/guardian signature|
|On specific photographic consent form – with patient/guardian signature|
If your organisation uses different consent level types please choose the closest match.
- How many records exist where consent has been obtained but no photographs are available?
- How often are cameras/devices audited?
- Do you record the image file numbers that are missing on devices during audit?
- Who/which department audits the devices/systems?
- How many staff have received informal and formal disciplinary action for breach of related policies?
- How does your organisation store clinical photographs? If an electronic system is used please name the system or described the method of storage.
- How does this system record consent of the patient?
- How does this method control the use of photographs according to consent of the patient?
- How many staff have access to this system?
- Can these staff access all photographs?
- Please provide minutes, actions and outcomes of the results of the audits during the period stated above.
- Please provide any risk assessments regarding clinical photography and specifically clinical photography taken by non-professional clinical photographers.
|Please find information attached.
Risk Register [508 kb] XPS