Subject: Delayed discharges
- Please state the five longest delays (in days) which patients who were ready for discharge, have had before they were able to leave the hospital during the period 1st April 2014 to 31st September 2016.
For each of these delayed discharges, please state:
- The age of the person concerned.
- The original reason for admission to hospital.
- The reason for the delayed discharge.
- The date on which the patient was ready for discharge.
- The date on which they were in fact discharged.
- Please state how many patients, who were ready for discharge, had to wait 28 days or more to leave the hospital.
Please break these figures down by the cause of the delay.
Please provide this information for the following financial years:
- 2016/17 to date
- On the day of the 28th September 2016, please state:
- The five longest waits in days that patients ready for discharge had had as of this date.
- For each of these waits, please state the age of the person concerned and the reason for their admission.
- For each of these waits, please state the reason for the delay.
- Please state how much your trust spent on delayed discharges in each of the following financial years.
- 2016/17 to date.
- On the 28th September 2016, how many of your acute beds were occupied by people who were ready for discharge?
- What proportion of your overall number of acute beds were being used by people who were ready for discharge?
- Have you had to open extra transitional, reablement or similar beds to meet the additional demand caused by delayed discharges?
- If yes, please state how many beds and the cost of providing these.
|Please find information attached.
2016-549-foi-delayed-discharges [107 kb] PDF