Subject: Contracting of surgical activity
- In the last 12 months, have you sub-contracted any surgical activity to non-NHS providers (e.g. providers such as Ramsay Health Care, Nuffield Health, BMI, Spire, Care UK)?
- If yes, which kind of private providers were used to undertake such services? Please select which apply and the name of the sub-contracted companies which were used
- Please indicate what was the main cause of the need to sub-contract activity (please allocate an approximate % if multiple reasons)
- What were the major surgical specialities that were sub-contracted (e.g. Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology etc.)
– If possible, please provide an estimated % split by speciality of total sub-contracted spend
- How much was spent by the Trust on sub-contracted surgical activity over the last 12 months?
– Was this an increase, decrease or similar amount to the previous 12 months?
– If possible, please provide an estimation of this increase/ decrease (as a %)
- Do you currently have an operational Private Patient Unit?
– If no, do you plan to open one in the next 12 months?
- If no, what is the reason that you have not opened a Private Patient Unit to date (please allocate an approximate % if multiple reasons)?
|Please find information attached.|