Subject: Cancelled operations
Under the Freedom of Information Act can I ask for the following information?
- Howmany operations have been cancelled for non-clinical reasons IN THE 3 DAYS BEFORE a patient was due to be admitted?
- Out of those cancellations, how many were rescheduled within 1 month?
- How many operations have been cancelled for non-clinical reasons ON THE DAY a patient was due to be admitted?
- Out of those cancellations, how many were rescheduled within the statutory time limit – e.g. 28 days?
- Please provide this data by month for 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 – up to and including April 2017.
- The following should be included in the figures for ‘operations’:
- All planned or elective operations and day surgery
- For ‘non-clinical reasons’ please include a break-down of the following:
- Bed-ward not available
- Staff unavailable
- Emergency operations taking priority
- Maintenance needed on equipment
- Patient unavailable
- Admin error
Can I have all this broken down year on year please? Ideally I’d not like to be pointed to a report, I’d prefer you just answer the questions above.
|Please find information attached.
2017-243 FOI – Cancelled operations [22 kb] Ms Excel