Subject: Nutrition support teams
How many beds are in your Trust?
If your Trust comprises of different hospitals, please give the breakdown for each hospital.
- a) Does your Trust have a nutrition support team?
- b) If so, does the nutrition support team cover all hospital beds within your Trust?
- c) What is your nutrition team’s involvement in ITU?
- d) Which major GI surgical procedures are performed in your hospital? Oesophagogastric resections, pancreatic resections, surgery for advanced rectal cancer e.g. ELAPE
If your Trust comprises of different hospitals, is there a nutrition support team at each hospital or does one nutrition team cover all hospitals?
If you have a nutrition support team in your Trust, please indicate their role:
- Advisory only
- Direct patient contact when required
- Ward round once (or less) per week
- Ward round more than once per week
If you have more than one nutrition team in different sites, please complete for each team.
What is the remit of the nutrition support team?
Please state the number of staff, WTE (referring to nutrition) and banding/grade for each discipline in the nutrition support team:
If you have more than one nutrition support team in different sites, please complete a table for each site.
Please state when the nutrition team(s) were formed at each hospital or in the Trust (take into account any mergers or changes within the Trust)
If your Trust does not have a nutrition support team, has there been a business case put forward at any stage for such a team to develop (often this is around a business case for a nutrition nurse specialist)
Do you have a nutrition steering group in your Trust?
Or any other nutrition related committee?
If so, how does it feed information into the Trust Executive?
Does your Trust have a designated intestinal failure unit?
|Please find information attached.
2017-403 – FOI request – Nutrition support teams [130 kb] PDF