Subject: Spine injuries
I would like to request the information you have as it relates to the following questions:
Between the period January 1st 2007 to January 2017, for each year how many patients aged 16 or younger at time of admission were treated by your trust for;
- Cervical/thoracic/lumbar Fracture, dislocation or combination thereof
- Spinal cord injury
Please list by age and corresponding injury.
- Of the above population how many of these injuries were sustained as a result of sporting activity? Please correlate to the above demographics.
- Of those sport related injuries how many and which occurred as a result of a rugby injury, either in practice or match play?
- Of those with a cord injury what was their ASIA functional grade.
- What operative interventions were undertaken to treat patients with an injury? (for example fusion, decompression). Please link to the injury.
- What was the average length of in patient stay following initial injury and was this affected by level of injury (cervical/thoracic/lumbar) or type of injury?
|Please find information attached.
FOI 2017 – 551 Spinal Injuries [12 kb] Ms Excel