Subject: CAMHS referrals
- How many CAMHS referrals have you had from education settings in the last three years (April 1 to March 31, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17)?
(By education setting I mean: Local Authority maintained schools, academies, independent schools and alternative provision, including but not limited to, Pupil Referral Units).
- Of those referrals how many were not eligible for support and how many went on to receive treatment?
- Please provide a breakdown of the ages of all children and adolescents referred by education settings (11 and under; 12-15; 16 and over)
- (a) What age was the youngest child referred by an education setting?
- For those who were offered treatment, what broad category did the primary diagnosis fit into:
(a) Life threatening conditions
(eg. Psychosis; risk of suicide or severe self-harm; severe depressive episode; anorexia nervosa)
(b) Conditions leading to severe functional impairments
(e.g) compulsive disorder (OCD); Anxiety/phobic/panic disorders; Bulimia nervosa; ADHD where there is significant psychiatric co-morbidity; Autistic spectrum disorders; Tourette’s syndrome; School refusal where mental health disorder plays a significant role; Conduct difficulties which co-exist with other disorders; Severe and/or complex relationship difficulties
(c) Children and young people with learning disabilities experiencing emotional or behavioural or mental health difficulties
(d) Emotional difficulties relating to physical conditions (e.g Diabetes; Asthma; Neurological conditions; Unexplained pain/ somatising disorders
(e) Early intervention to prevent the development of more severe disorders
(e.g. Complicated bereavement; Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Severe attachment difficulties; Self-care issues
- When a child or adolescent is not eligible for support in CAMHS do you signpost them to other potential sources of help?(If yes, please specify).
If my request looks too time consuming please just answer questions 1, 2 and 3.
When responding, please use the table provided below so that your data can be complied with those provided by other Trusts.
|Please find information attached.
2017-684 – FOI request – CAMHS referrals – Final Response [29 kb] Ms Excel