Subject: Public cloud
1) Do you know about the Government’s Cloud First policy?
2) Is your organisation using a public cloud for any area of your IT infrastructure?
- No – If no, please answer questions 6-8
3) What percentage of your IT infrastructure has already been migrated to the public cloud?
- Less than 25%
- 25% – 50%
- 50% – 75%
- 75% – 100%
4) Which area(s) of your organisation’s IT infrastructure has/have been migrated (in part or in whole) to the public cloud? Select all that apply.
- We have not migrated anything to the cloud
5) If you are not 100% cloud first, what is your timeline to migrate the rest of your infrastructure to the public cloud?
- I am 100% cloud
- 6 months or less
- 6-12 months
- 1-2 years
- 2+ years
- No, we don’t plan to move everything to the cloud
6) What barriers to public cloud adoption have you experienced? Select all that apply.
- Lack of skills needed to implement/manage
- Security/compliance concerns
- Budget constraints
- Inability to prove return on investment (ROI)
- Need to continue supporting old, legacy technology
- Vendor lock-in (with a cloud provider)
- Concerns over IT managing multi-vendor environments
7) How many monitoring and management tools are you currently using to gain visibility into your IT infrastructure?
- 10 or more
- Not sure
8) Are you able to use the same monitoring and management tools for on-premises infrastructure and cloud environments?
- Not sure
9) What are the biggest challenges you face when monitoring and managing your public cloud environment? Select all that apply.
- Lack of control and visibility into performance
- Uncertainty where date resides
- Protecting and securing the cloud environments
- Performance downtime
- Determining the most suitable workloads to move to the cloud
- Not fully understanding the benefits of the cloud
10) Are you seeing the expected ROI from public cloud adoption?
- Still can’t determine
|Please find information attached.
2017-709 – FOI Request – Public cloud [157 kb] PDF