Subject: Antenatal education classes
- Do you provide antenatal education classes? – yes or no? If yes, what is the annual budget for this/these contracts/service provision?
|Provide antenatal education classes?||Annual budget|
- Answer only if you provide antenatal education classes:
(a) Do the practitioners delivering the classes use a specific evidence-based programme/s/model/s? – yes or no?
(i) If yes, which one/s and is it/are they licensed?
(ii) If no, briefly describe the what programme is provided.
(b) Which senior manager/s is/are responsible for the provision of this/these service/s? What is/are their email address/s?
|Use of specific evidence-based model/programme?||Programme/s/model/s used||Is it licenced?||Name of senior manager||Email address of senior manager|
- Answer only if you provide the antenatal education classes:
(a) Which organisation provides this/these services – your organisation? Or is/are the service(s) subcontracted out to an external provider? What are the contract start and end dates?
(b) Are the classes commissioned individually as a cost and volume contract or as part of a block contract?
|Programme/s/model used||Name of provider organisation||Contract start date||Contract end date||Cost and volume contract or part of block contract?|
- Here is a list of vulnerabilities/adversities that can impact on the ability of parents-to-be to engage with antenatal education:
- those with mental health difficulties
- those experiencing social isolation or from a socially marginalised community
- survivors of domestic abuse
- those with learning difficulties
- those with substance use difficulties
- parents who have had previous children removed into care
- care leavers
- teenage parents
- parents in prison
- those not speaking English as a first language
- those with chaotic or transient lifestyles
- black or minority ethnic communities
- those with anti-social or offender behaviour
- asylum seekers
Much of this information is gathered by midwives at booking in appointments.
- (a) Do you, or have you in the past, carry/carried out any analysis of this data, or collected and analysed any data, to determine whether parents-to-be experiencing any of these difficulties are less likely to access/engage with antenatal education delivered in your area than those who do? -yes or no?
- (b) Do any of the antenatal education classes specifically target vulnerable parents-to-be? -yes or no? If yes, which ones?
|Analysis of data?||Antenatal education for vulnerable parents-to-be?|
- (a) Do you provide the Family Nurse Partnership(FNP)? – yes or no?
(i) If yes, what is the annual budget for this contract/service provision? What are the contract start and end dates?
|Provide FNP?||Annual budget||Contract start date||Contract end date|
(b) If you do not provide the Family Nurse Partnership, do you provide any other similar services that target vulnerable parents-to-be? Briefly describe the services.
|Provide similar service?||Brief description|
|Please find information attached.
2018-169 – FOI Request – Antenatal education classes [149 kb] PDF