Subject: Type 1 Diabetes and an Eating Disorder
- Within your Trust how many patients have you treated with Type 1 Diabetes in the year 2016/17?
- In the year 2016/17 how many patients with Type 1 Diabetes have you treated that are also diagnosed with the following: (Please state whether patients were treated as an inpatient, outpatient or non-elective).
- Anorexia Nervosa?
- Bulimia Nervosa?
- Binge Eating Disorder?
- Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS)/Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder (OSFED)?
- What is the total number of patients treated within your Trust in the year 2016/17 with a dual diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes and any variant of Eating Disorders?
- Are there any challenges you face in managing and treating patients with a dual diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes and any variant of Eating Disorders? For example, service gaps or commissioning obstacles? If so, what are these? Reference to the year 2016/17 can be used at your convenience.
- Can you share a copy of the pathway for these patients?
- What protocols and treatment guidelines do you have in place for the treatment of patients with a dual diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes and any variant of Eating Disorders? Reference to the year 2016/17 can be used at your convenience.
- Have you an agreed tariff in the years 2016/17 and 2017/18 with commissioners for this care, if so what is it and what does this care include?
- What is the average cost of the treatment for an individual with a dual diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes and any variant of Eating Disorders in the year 2016/17?
- Do you have the ability to fund prolonged stays in private hospitals for the patients that are most in-need of treatment?
|• We cannot identify all patients treated for type 1 diabetes as we do not hold diagnosis information for Outpatients.
• In terms of Inpatients/Non-Elective again this data will not fully answer the question below as we would code Diabetes (and some of the other conditions) for a patient as regardless if that was admission was for that condition.
• We could identify any patient with a primary diagnosis of diabetes with any of the conditions in a secondary plus position – which is what we did
Please find information attached.
2018-17 – FOI Request – Type 1 Diabetes and an Eating Disorder [12 kb] Ms Excel