Subject: Overseas visitors
- Please tell me whether the trust carries out routine identity checks on patients attending outpatient appointments to ascertain whether they are ordinarily resident in the UK.
- If yes, please answer the following questions:
- A) Which patients undergo such checks? ( – eg all those attending first appointment for a new care pathway)
- B) Please state what forms of documentation they have to provide? (eg passports, proof of address)
- C) What happens if they cannot provide proof of being ordinarily resident?
- Please also state how many Overseas Visitor Managers (OVMs) or Overseas Visitor Officers (OVOs) are employed by the trust (Please state as Full Time Equivalent)
- Please state the highest bill which is still outstanding owed by an overseas visitor for a) 2017/18 to date and b)2016/17.
- In relation to question 4, please broadly state the nature of the treatment (eg ophthalmology, kidney dialysis, obstetrics) and the nationality of the patient, if known.
|Please find information attached.
2018-206 – FOI request – overseas visitors [125 kb] PDF