Subject: Laparoscopic procedures
- How many gynaecologists within your organisation perform laparoscopic procedures requiring morcellation?
- How many power morcellators do you purchase per annum for gynaecology?
- How many power morcellators do you use in gynaecology per annum?
- How many laparoscopic hysterectomies requiring morcellation do you perform annually?
- How many laparoscopic myomectomies requiring morcellation do you perform annually?
- For patients requiring morcellation, do you routinely perform pre-operative MRI?
- For patients requiring morcellation, do you routinely perform pre-operative endometrial sampling/biopsy?
- During the consent process, do you specifically consent for power morcellation in gynaecology?
- During the consent process, what risk of inadvertent leiomyosarcoma do you quote during hysterectomies/myomectomies for benign fibroids?
- During the consent process, what risk do quote for spread of inadvertent leiomyosarcoma from power morcellation?
- Has your organisation ever encountered inadvertent leiomyosarcoma following hysterectomy or myomectomy for presumed benign indications? If so, many?
- Do you have information leaflet about morcellation in gynaecology?
- What audit procedures do you have in place for gynaecologists participating in power morcellation?
|We do not have morcellators and do not do any procedures requiring laparoscopic morcellation.|