Subject: Blood samples
- During 2017 approximately how many samples were processed within your Blood Sciences laboratory (Biochemistry and Haematology)?
- What percentage of Blood Sciences samples received in your laboratory require manual intervention to sub aliquot samples (please exclude automated sample transfers)?
- How many incidents related to mislabelling of samples were reported during 2017 in your organisation?
- How many of these mislabelling incidents were laboratory errors?
- How many of the laboratory sample labelling errors were due to transposition (or mislabelling) of one or more samples?
- How many times did this result in incorrect results being assigned to a patient?
- How many sample errors identified during 2017 resulted in a formal Root Cause Analysis investigation?
- How many sample errors identified in your organisation during 2017 resulted in litigation?
|Please find information attached.
2018-211 – FOI request – Blood samples [112 kb] PDF