Subject: Private Patients and Overseas Ventures
- Do you receive private patients from outside the UK? What percentage of total patients does this cover? From which region(s) of the world?
- Does your trust engage in foreign direct investment abroad (practitioners/the trust engaging in overseas ventures, joint ventures, setting up subsidiaries of the NHS abroad…). If so roughly what percentage of your total time/work force is engaged in this activity? In which regions of the world?
- If you answered yes to questions 1 or 2, in which area(s) of health care do you provide private services?
- If you answered yes to questions 1 or 2, have you seen a decline or increase in private activity over the last 5 years? Do you expect to increase private provision of health care in the future?
- What measures are taken to ensure that core NHS health services free at the point of use are protected despite these private activities?
|Please find information attached.|