Subject: Messaging Platform
I am looking into incidents of trust staff or contractors improperly using messaging platforms (such as, but not limited to, WhatsApp) to communicate information relating to patients.
For each of the last five years (2014 to 2018 inclusive), please tell me:
– how many staff or contractors at your trust have been investigated for doing so.
– how many staff or contractors were sanctioned / disciplined for doing so. For each sanction, please say what it was: for example, it if was a monetary fine, please give the value; if it was a suspension, please give the duration.
– For each incident of a staff member or contractor being investigated and / or sanctioned, please say: 1) what messaging platform was involved; 2) that individual’s broad role at the trust, for example doctor (junior or consultant), nurse, management.
– For each incident of a staff member or contractor being investigated and / or sanctioned, please say whether the patient or patients concerned where informed that a possible misuse of their data had taken place
– Does your trust have explicit rules against such use? If so, please point to them.
|Please find information attached.
2018-493 – FOI Request – Messaging Platform [104 kb] PDF
Social Media Policy 19.01.17 [635 kb] PDF