Subject: Biomedical scientist training
This FOI request concerns how your trust’s laboratories train its student/trainee Biomedical scientists in Point of Care Testing (POCT) to meet the HCPC registration requirements for Biomedical scientists.
For each pathology discipline in your Trust/Health Board (i.e. Microbiology, Haematology, Blood transfusion, Biochemistry, Histopathology etc…);
- On average how many trainee Biomedical scientist/university biomedical science placement students do you have a year?
- What types of evidence are used by your students/trainees to meet the HCPC Standards of proficiency for biomedical scientists for standards 14.26 and 14.16 in the certificate of competence i.e. reflective sheet, essay, competency etc…?
- Approximately how many hours of teaching/training is dedicated to Point of Care Testing (POCT)/ Near patient testing (NPT) for each student/trainee?
- What types of teaching/training do you give these students/trainees in Point of Care Testing (POCT) i.e. seminars, practical training etc…?
- Do your students/trainees get a secondment/rotation into a POCT section and if so, for how long?
|Please find information attached.|