Subject: Foley catheter
- How many female patients in your Trust had a Foley catheter during the last 12 months?
- How many Foley catheters were used in your Trust during the last 12 months?
- How many of those Foley catheters were used for a female patient?
- Of your total Foley catheter usage, what percentage was used on females?
- How many Foley catheters are used per patient during their total hospital stay?
- Of your patients who have a Foley catheter, how long do they stay in hospital on average?
- Of your patients who have a Foley catheter, what percentage would be longer term patients? I.e. stay over the above stated average in hospital
- Of the total number of female patients using a Foley catheter, what percentage has any of the following:
- a) Faecal incontinence
- b) Obstruction / atonic bladder
- c) Surgery in perineal area
|Please find information attached.
2018-89 – FOI request – Foley catheter [104 kb] PDF