Subject: Prevent referrals
I am writing to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) in regards to your NHS Trust during the time period of April 2017 – March 2019 or as near to this as possible if this is not available. The information requested is outlined below and replicated in the attached spreadsheet.
For each financial year (April 2017 – March 2018 and April 2018 – March 2019 or as close to these time frames as possible), please provide:
- The number of Prevent referrals made by your Trust
- The number of your Trust’s Prevent referrals that have been discussed at the Channel Panel
- The number of people that your Trust referred under Prevent who received Channel support
For A), B) and C) can you please provide where possible the numbers distributed by:
- Whether the referral was made by a mental health service/department, or a non-mental health service/department
- The ethnic groups of the referred people
- The religious/faith groups of the referred people
- The type of concern
|Refuse under section 31
Section 31 applies where complying with the request would prejudice or would be likely to prejudice various law enforcement purposes (listed in the Act) including preventing crime, administering justice, and collecting tax. It also protects certain other regulatory functions, for example those relating to health and safety and charity administration.