Subject: Patients in vegetative state or minimally conscious
1) Please state the name of your Trust?
2) How many patients currently under your care are being kept alive with clinically assisted nutrition and hydration (CANH) who are in a persistent vegetative state or minimally conscious state?
3a) How many patients from Q2 have been kept alive for 1 year or more?
- b) How many patients from Q2 have been kept alive for 3 years or more?
- c) How many patients from Q2 have been kept alive for 5 years or more?
4a) How much money has your trust spend on the patients from Q2 in the years;
2015 – 2016
2016 – 2017
2017 – 2018
- b) How much money does your Trust spend per patient (from Q2) on average?
5) How many next of kin of patients from Q2 have asked for the CANH to be stopped and their loved ones be moved into palliative care?
6a) In how many patients cases, have you been in a legal battle, whether mediation or court, because next of kin wanted to stop CANH in the last 5 years?
- b) What has been the financial cost of these legal battles/mediations?
|We do not collect this information in our systems, this is recorded in the medical records and this will involve a manual review of the paper records and will take more than 2.5 days to retrieve and collect the information.|