Subject: Podiatry orthotic devices
1. Does your organisation have its own podiatry orthotic insole manufacturing department or team?
- If yes, do they manufacture semi bespoke insoles utilising prefabricated shells as the base?
- If a prefabricated device is used in semi bespoke work what is the device of choice?
- If there is a manufacturing team what is the size of that team?
- If you have a manufacturing department what equipment does the team have to aid in the manufacturing of Podiatry orthotic devices?
2. If your organisation does not manufacture orthotic insoles does the podiatry department have a tender or contract in place with an outside company for the provision of podiatry orthotic devices?
3. If the manufacturing of your devices is outsourced, what company currently supplies your devices?
4. If there is a tender or contract in place, when does this tender come to an end?
5. How many pairs of insoles are your patients entitled to on the NHS?
6. Can you provide any information you have on quantities of bespoke, semi bespoke, simple/flatbed and off the shelf devices that have been prescribed in the financial years 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19 (so far)?
7. What has been the total spend on podiatry orthotic devices for the financial years 16/17, 17/18, 18/19 (so far)?
8. What are the lead/turnaround times from your podiatry orthotic supplier, whether it is in house manufacturing or outsourced?
|Please find information attached.
2019-66 – FOI Request – Podiatry orthotic devices [128 kb] PDF