Subject: A&E departments for mental health related reasons
I am seeking to ascertain the provision for people attending A&E departments for mental health related reasons. As such, please can you provide the following information:
- For each financial year in the period 2014-15 to 2018-19, please provide figures for:
- The number of adults (aged 18 and over) attending your A&E department for mental health related issues.
Please breakdown the above figure according to:
i.) How many were treated/seen by a doctor within 4 hours;
ii.) How many waited longer than 4 hours to be treated.
- For the people in (a.ii.), please provide a breakdown for how long those people were waiting by hour e.g. five hours, six hours etc.
- Please detail the longest period of time an adult attending your A&E department for mental health related issues waited to be treated/seen by a doctor in
- Each individual financial year from 2014-15 to 2018-19 inclusive;
- 2019-2020 to date.
|Please find information attached.|