Subject: Ophthalmology waiting list
I am submitting a request for information held by the trust under the Freedom of Information Act.
- How many patients do you have on your waiting lists who require a follow-up appointment in ophthalmology?
- Over the last year (ie from November 2018 to October 2019), how many patients exceeded the length of time requested by their consultant/doctor before being seen for an ophthalmology follow up appointment?
- How long had they waited past their target date? Please give the total number and also break down by the following categories.
- Under a month
- One month to six months
- Six months to a year
- Over a year.
- In how many of these cases was a harm review carried out?
- What are the criteria for carrying out a harm review?
- Did the harm reviews reveal any patients had come to harm (please give numbers and the degree of harm suffered)?
- Please also attach internal or external reports relating to issues with follow up appointments in ophthalmology.
|Please find information attached.
2019-678 – FOI request – Ophthalmology waiting list [170 kb] PDF