Subject: Metal on metal testing
All questions relate to metal on metal testing :
- How may tests were undertaken in the financial year 2018/19?
- How many tests were referred via Direct Access?
- Are these tests undertaken in-house or sent to another laboratory?
- If sent away, which laboratory are the bloods sent to?
- If sent away, how much does it cost the Trust per test?
- If undertaken in house, what is the cost per test?
- Does the Trust believe the cost of ALL these tests are covered by the national tariff mechanism?
- If the answer to question 7 is no, does the Trust have a separate contract for these?
To ensure consistency of count of tests could each element be split as the below;
Each of the below counted as an individual test
- Blood Chromium (ppb)
- Blood Cobalt (ppb)
- Serum chromium
- Serum Cobalt
Or if this is not possible Blood Chromium (ppb) and Blood Cobalt (ppb) be counted as 1 test and Serum chromium and Serum Cobalt be counted as a separate test.
Whichever count is applied could the answer to the question be consistent and can you advise which method has been applied.
|The request has been closed as per user request.