Subject: Liver function tests
- The normal range for ALT, AST, and Alkaline phosphatase that your hospital uses for your adult patients (male and female).
- The method used – reference and temperature, or some means for us to identify the methods used (e.g. machine name and reference to the kit used).
- How was your local normal range for each liver function test determined? And do you know the date (year) when these were last revised?
- How many measurements of for each of ALT, AST, and alkaline phosphatase does your laboratory undertake each year?
- How many patients does this represent?
- How many or what % of ALT measurements exceed your upper limit of normal. How many or what % of ALT measurements are ³ 20U/L for women, and ³31 U/L for men.
|Please find information attached.
2019-705 – FOI request – Liver function tests [193 kb] PDF