Subject: Instant Messaging Apps
- Does the Trust use (or allow) the use of instant messaging apps for the processing of patient identifiable data?
- Which messaging app(s) do you use?
- Has a DPIA been completed? (if yes please include a copy in your response)
- Has a risk assessment been completed? (if yes please include a copy in your response)
- Please include any policies or SOPs that detail how the apps are used
For the avoidance of doubt the term processing matches the European Commission definition of “any activity that includes the collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of personal data.”
Instant messaging apps may include WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Signal, Telegram, Hospify or any similar service.
|Under Section 21 – information already reasonably accessible
This exemption applies if the information requested is already accessible to the requester.
Please follow the link to an old response: http://www.boltonft.nhs.uk/reference-2019-438/