We are committed to ensuring that all staff and students have the right development at the right time to deliver the services today and develop the services of tomorrow.
We are an accredited City and Guilds Centre through membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and have learning partnerships with our local college and universities. Responsibility for continuing professional development is shared between the individual, their manager and the Trust, as well as their lead professional body. The Trust supports the learning and development of the workforce by:
- Placing learning and development at the heart of patient care
- Providing a range of learning opportunities to suit all staff and non staff groups
Throughout the Trust a variety of professional and subject matter experts provide formal and informal development activities to support statutory, mandatory, professional and quality training and development requirements including:
- A comprehensive corporate and local induction programme
- Mandatory training for staff
- Consultant and medical leadership development
- Leadership and management development
- Staff development for non clinical staff groups
- Clinical skills study days and workshops
- Continual professional development and lifelong learning workshops with portfolio development
- Apprenticeships in health and social care, customer service and business administration
- Health, safety and risk management courses
- A wide range of information technology training courses.
The Trust is committed to the development of all staff irrespective of band or occupation and staff are encouraged to seek development opportunities within the workplace that will enhance professional practice and lead to higher standards of patient care. For general enquiries please contact us on tel: 01204 390783. For bespoke learning solutions please contact us on tel: 01204 390971.