Thank you for your interest in applying to become a volunteer at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust. Before submitting an application, all prospective applicants must meet the following criteria and agree to undertake checks deemed necessary prior to commencing any voluntary work:
- Applications for voluntary roles within the Trust will be accepted from any person aged 16 and above.
- All applicants must complete an Occupational Health check and provide the details of two referees.
- Depending on the type of role, applicants may be subject to a Standard or Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Once the necessary checks have been completed, all new volunteers must attend a General Induction session run by the Trust before commencing any voluntary work between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- All volunteers are required to commit to carrying out one 4-hour session of volunteering per week for an initial trial period of one month, to allow both parties to assess success of placement.
- On-going commitment is required, as all volunteers must undergo annual mandatory training in the following areas: Information Governance, Health & Safety Risk Management, Infection Control, Fire Safety, Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Major Incidence.
Should you have any queries regarding the above criteria, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator on tel: 01204 390560.