Health Education England (HEE) recently visited to assess postgraduate medical training in the Trust. The outcome was very positive and the Trust was highly commended in the following areas:
- Cohesive leadership team.
- Positive training experience for trainees.
- Embedded culture of educational governance.
- Work with the medical education team and the surgical department on rotas and scheduling.
- Consultants adjusting schedules and moving trainees into different units to ensure that they achieve curriculum appropriate experience.
Many staff in medical education and corporate services have worked very hard to achieve this excellent outcome, well done to all.