The NHS Staff Survey is carried out every year by all NHS organisations to seek the views of the staff who work within the NHS to find out how they feel about their workplace and what can be improved. Being done over several years can be useful for Trusts to identify themes and where they need to concentrate their efforts and activities to make a positive difference.
Following on from the survey each year the Trust produces a comprehensive action plan that drives improvement. We adopt a ‘You Said, We Did’ philosophy to demonstrate that we listen to the voice of our staff. In addition, we also ask our staff to give us feedback through other channels during the year which help us identify improvements to the staff experience which also benefit our patient experience.
NHS Staff Survey 2018
Our results from the 2018 NHS staff survey puts the Trust among the best for the quality of care we give patients. Overall, staff who work at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust who took part in the anonymous survey rated the Trust above average in areas such as work on equality, diversity and inclusion; health and wellbeing; for morale; a safety culture and staff engagement.
For the quality of care the Trust offers, staff scores put Bolton at the very top and among the best in the country (7.9 out of 10) which was a figure not beaten by any other trust that provides both acute and community care. 89% of staff said they were satisfied with the quality of care they give to patients and 92.9% said they felt their role makes a difference.
Highlights of 2018 NHS Staff Survey report for Bolton NHS FT:
- 87.6% of staff said they felt they were able to do their job at a standard they were personally pleased with
- 78.5% of staff said they receive the respect they deserve from colleagues at work – which places Bolton among the best in the country
- 89% said they were satisfied with the quality of care they give to patients – which placed Bolton among the best in the country
- 92.9% said they feel their role makes a difference to patients
- 87.8% said the organisation acts fairly with regard to career progression/ promotion, regardless of ethnic background, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- 82.9% agreed or strongly agreed that care of patients is the organisation’s top priority
The full results of the survey can be found at www.nhsstaffsurveys.com
Please follow the links below to see reports on previous National NHS Staff Surveys for Bolton NHS Foundation Trust.
- NHS Staff Survey 2017 brief summary of results 2.72 MB PDF
- Staff Survey 2016 Exec Summary [1mb] PDF
- Staff Survey 2016 Final Report [1mb] PDF
- Staff Survey 2015 Exec Summary [1mb] PDF
- Staff Survey 2015 Final Report [1mb] PDF
- Staff Survey 2014 Exec Summary [544kb] PDF
- Staff Survey 2014 Final Report [2mb] PDF
- Summary of Staff Survey Results December 2013 [2mb] PDF
- Results of Staff Survey December 2013 [2.4mb] PDF
- Summary of Staff Survey Results December 2012 [1.96mb] PDF
- Results of Staff Survey December 2012 [2.36mb] PDF