Telephone Number: 01204 390583
Dr Banerjee holds the following qualifications:
Postgraduate certificate in Medical Education, Edge Hill University, Merit, 2014
FRCP, Edinburgh, 2012
CCT: Diabetes, Endocrinology & General Medicine, NW Deanery, Completed, 2009
PhD, Manchester University, Pass, 2008
MRCP, RCP(UK), Pass, 1999
MD, Berhampur University, Pass, 1996
MBBS, Kolkata University, Pass, 1992
Dr Banerjee came to work at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust in March 2015, having previously worked at Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Bolton PCT, North-West Deanery, Manchester University, All-Wales Deanery, and Burnley NHS Trust.
He has professional membership of:
• Diabetes UK
• Society for Endocrinology
• Association of British Clinical Diabetologists
• Artery Society
• National Osteoporosis Society
• Diabetes and Obesity Research Network
• Fellow of Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
• British Medical Association
• Medical Defence Union
Dr Banerjee is an Honorary Clinical Lecturer in Centre for the Endocrinology and Diabetes Research Group at the University of Manchester.
Special Interests and Research
Special interests: Medical disorders in pregnancy, Insulin pump and other technology usage in managing diabetes, Medical education, hypertension and calcium and bone metabolism.
Research: Cardiovascular disease in patients with pre-diabetes.
• Poster award at Joint British Endocrine Societies meeting, 2008
• Recipient of BHF-PhD fellowship in 2003.
• Best Paper Award in Annual Conference of Association of Physicians of India-1997.
• Gold medal in Forensic Medicine (1988-89).
• Potential Mechanism of SGLT2i Induced Euglycaemic Diabetic Ketoacidosis Banerjee M Endocrinol Diabetes Res 2015, 1:2 ttp://dx.doi.org/10.4172/ecdr.1000107 (In press).
• Anderson SG, Dunn WB, Banerjee M, Brown M, Broadhurst DI, Goodacre R, Cooper GJ, Kell DB, Cruickshank JK. Evidence that multiple defects in lipid regulation occur before hyperglycemia during the prodrome of type-2 diabetes. PLoS One. 2014 Sep 3;9(9):e103217. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0103217.
• Banerjee M, White A, Pearson R, et al. Screening for cardiovascular risk factors in patients admitted for acute coronary syndrome. Int J Clin Pract. 2014;68:929-30.
• Banerjee M, Macdougall M, Lakhdar AF Impact of a single one-to-one education session on glycaemic control in patients with diabetes. Journal of Diabetes. 2012;4:186-90.
• Banerjee M, Anderson SG, Malik RA, Austin CE, Cruickshank JK. Small artery function 2 years postpartum in women with altered glycaemic distributions in their preceding pregnancy. Clin Sci (Lond). 2012;122:53-61.
• Paisley AN, Banerjee M, Rezai M, Schofield RE, Balakrishnannair S, Herbert A, Lawrance JA, Trainer PJ, Cruickshank JK Changes in arterial stiffness but not carotid intimal thickness in acromegaly. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:1486-92.
• Banerjee M, Bhattacharya A, Hughes SM, Vice PA. Efficacy of insulin lispro in pregnancies complicated with pregestational diabetes mellitus. Practical Diabetes International 2009; 26:366-370.
• Banerjee M, Humphreys J, Wheatland V, and Vice PA. Photobiomodulation therapy for diabetic foot ulcers, The Diabetic Foot Journal. 2009; 12(2): 46-49.
• Koudsi, A., Oldroyd, J., McElduff, P., Banerjee, M., Vyas, A., & Cruickshank, J. K., "Maternal and Neonatal Influences on, and Reproducibility of, Neonatal Aortic Pulse Wave Velocity", Hypertension 2006;01-04.
• Banerjee M, Younis N, Soran H. Vildagliptin in clinical practice: a review of literature. Expert Opinion in Pharmacotherapy. 2009; 10:2745-57.
• Banerjee M, Cruickshank JK. Pregnancy as the prodrome to vascular dysfunction and cardiovascular risk. Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine. 2006; 3:596-603.
• Oldroyd J, Banerjee M, Heald A, Cruickshank K. Diabetes and ethnic minorities. Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2005; 81:486-90.
• Cruickshank JK, Banerjee M. Pregnancy glycaemia to vascular risk: nonglycaemic diabetes? Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2009 15; 181:361-2.
• Banerjee M. Vyas A. Cruickshank JK. Ethnicity and its implications in diabetes management. Practical Diabetes International. 2004; 21:135-137.
Published case reports:
• Cooksley T, Banerjee M, Younis N. Metastatic breast carcinoma presenting with profound hypocalcaemia. South Med J. 2010 May; 103:480-1.
Published book chapters:
• C Allan, M Banerjee, FC Wu. Testosterone and Coronary heart disease. Endotext.com Chapter 16. January 2011.
• JK Cruickshank, A Vyas, M Banerjee, JC Oldroyd. Coronary heart disease in South Asians: the impact of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The epidemic of coronary heart disease in South Asian populations: causes and consequences. Ed. KCR Patel, RS Bhopal. 2004:3:48-61.
• M. Banerjee, JK Cruickshank. Hypertension and diabetes: ethnicity and treatment. Diabetes and Hypertension Ed. CE Mogensen 2003; 3: 45-60.
Dr Moulinath Banerjee works in the following services:
Diabetes medicine and endocrinology are consultant-led, specialist services that deliver care at both the hospital and in the community.