Telephone Number: 01204 390658
Dr Power studied at Manchester University obtaining a MB ChB, a MRCP (UK) and a MRCPCH.
He has worked in Manchester and New South Wales, Australia before coming to work at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust where he was appointed as Consultant Paediatrician in 2002.
Dr Power is a member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the British Association of Perinatal Medicine.
Special Interests and Research
Dr Power has special interests in neonatal medicine and clinical governance.
1. Blood transfusion and necrotising enterocolitis: a review and survey into feeding practices during transfusion.
S Power, C Turner, S Sundaram.
Infant. Jan 2012:8(1) 10-12.
2. A sheared stylet.
S Shetty, S Power, K Afshar. BMJ Case Reports 2010.
3. Named/designated doctor status and judgement in child protection scenarios
Arch Dis Child. 2008 Jul;93(7):612-3.
4. Sedation for MRI scans further evidence for change
Morriss T, Dyson J, Thompson A, Howarth M, Power S.
Paediatr Nurs. 2007 Jun;19(5):41.
5. Tan HS, Power S, Hodgson S, Abudu A. A swollen shoulder. Arch Dis Child 2004;89(7):678
6. Turner MA, Power S, Emmerson AJ. Gestational age and the C-reactive protein response. Arch Dis Child 2004;89(3):F272-3
7. Young HS, Khan AS, Power S et al. Transient symptomatic zinc deficiency. Clin Exp Dermatol 2003;28(1) 109-10
8. Power S, Postlethwaite RJ. An unusual rash. Arch Dis Child 2002;87(2):134
9. Power S. A patient's choice. BMJ 1999;319(7206):367
Dr Simon Power works in the following services:
The children’s outpatients service is delivered from a child friendly and welcoming department based at Bolton One. Children are seen by consultant paediatricians who work as part of a team of professionals including experienced children’s nurses, play specialists, allied practitioners, support workers and clerical staff. Apart from general paediatric clinics, there are various other clinics, phlebotomy (blood testing) clinics and some day case investigation and specialist immunisation services.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Bolton is one of three centres of excellence within Greater Manchester providing specialist care to sick and preterm infants. Our highly skilled professional team provides family centred care to ensure an excellent, positive family experience. The unit provides care for Bolton families as well as serving Greater Manchester and other areas when required.