Subject: Bariatric surgery
I’m seeking information about the number of people undergoing bariatric surgery.
1) Can you please provide a breakdown of the number of people given bariatric surgery in each of the following years by the health board – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, so far 2017.
2) For each year, can you please provide the sexes and age groups (twenties, thirties, forties, etc) of each person who had the surgery. Please provide the number of people under 21 for each year, with the exact age of each.
3) For each year, please provide the number of people with a medical condition, which meant they needed bariatric surgery, including those with none (can the data please be displayed so that their age groups are given also).
4) Please provide the number of people for each year with a BMI of 35 or less, and of 30 or less, again giving their medical condition and age group (or exact age for under-21s) for each.
5) Please provide a list of the criteria the health board has for offering people bariatric surgery, and if this has changed in the last five years, state when it changed and what it changed from and to.
6) If the health board’s target for the number of people undergoing bariatric surgery has changed in the last five years, please state what it changed from and to, and when this happened.
|We do not carry out Bariatric surgery at the Trust.|