Subject: Children’s Services
I would like to request the following information under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. I am looking for information relating to Children’s Services only.
- Do you have an assessment unit or short stay unit within your Trust?
- What is the maximum length of stay for children on your assessment or short stay unit before they are moved to an inpatient bed?
- How many beds do you have within your assessment unit or short stay unit?
- How many registered nurses are allocated to work in this area on any shift? How many are band 5’s? How many are band 6’s?
- How many HCAs are allocated to work in this area on any shift?
- Do you have staff that work only within the assessment unit or short stay unit?
- How many Advanced Nurse Practioners (ANP) work within Children’s Services?
- How many ANPs work within A&E? On the ward? Within the assessment unit or short stay unit?
- Do you operate nurse led discharges from your assessment unit or short stay unit? If you do, what band are nurses that discharge? Do they receive additional training to be able to discharge?
- Do you have a policy and/or SOP for your assessment unit or short stay unit? If you do can you provide me with a copy.
- Do you have a named consultant, register or ANP that takes lead over your assessment unit?
- How many in-patients do you have per year, for the last 4 years?
- Have you trained any staff nurses up to ANP? Have you funded their training and/or given them protected time for study?
- Can you provide a copy of your job description for ANPs working in Children’s Services.
|Please find information attached.
2018-159 – FOI Request – Children’s Services [117 kb] PDF
JD APNP AB 2018 [329 kb] PDF