Subject: Adult Audiology
- Is your routine audiology service for those 18 and above commissioned via an AQP contract or other contract?
- Is there more than one contract in place for those aged 18 and above requiring routine audiology?
- How many direct access audiology patients do you see per year? –if there is more than one contract please break down by contract
- How many AQP patients do you see per year?
Access to Services
- What locations do you provide services from?
- How many clinics and what days do you provide at each location?
- Do you provide a same day hearing aid assessment & fit pathway?
- Do you provide a walk in aftercare service for your patients?
- Are aftercare services available across all locations?
- How are patients referred into your service?
- What referral forms are available?
Audiology Waiting Times
– Using your latest recorded figures please state the percentage (%) of patients that were seen within the national target waiting time and the time period to which this figure refers.
- Please confirm the waiting times to the following parts of your pathway:
- First assessment
- Do you offer a home visiting service to patients?
- How many days per month are available for home visits?
- Do you provide follow ups at home once patients have been fitted?
- How do you provide aftercare for home visiting patients?
Lost hearing aids
- Do patients pay for lost or damaged aids?
- How many replacement aids are patients allowed?
- Do you offer a re-assessment of patients’ hearing needs and after how long?
- When patients are eligible for a new aid, are they able to self-refer back into the service or is a new GP referral sought?
|Please find information attached.
2018-288 – FOI request – Adult Audiology [249 kb] PDF