Subject: VAT and HMRC Penalties
- Has the organisation received any VAT assessments (VAT to be paid to HMRC) in the last five financial years?
- Has the organisation received any VAT penalties from HMRC in the last five financial years?
- If yes, were any of these suspended penalties?
- If so, please provide the total value for each of the above for each financial year they were received
- Has the organisation used any external VAT consultancy to review VAT in 2016/17? If so, please provide the following detail:
- Name of third party provider
- Total amount of additional VAT recovered by the provider in 16/17 based on its consultancy; split by
- How much did the third party invoice for any review work undertaken?
- How did the third party structure their payment; based on the amount recovered on overclaims, or underclaims, or total amount recovered?
- Was the review charged at a fixed fee or day rate?
- Did the organisation procure these services through a framework? If so, please state which framework
- Please list all frameworks that are available to the organisation/those you are currently signed up to, that would allow you to access VAT review services? (i.e. analysis and reconciliation framework)
|Please find information attached.
2018-332 – FOI request – VAT and HMRC Penalties [200 kb] PDF