Subject: ICT Contracts
This is a request for information that relates to the organisation’s contracts around ICT contract(s) for Server Hardware Maintenance, Server Virtualisation Licenses and Maintenance and Storage Area Network (SAN) Maintenance/Support, which may include:
- Server Hardware Maintenance- contracts relating to the support and maintenance of the organisation’s physical servers.
- Virtualisation Maintenance/Support/ Licensing (VMware, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Windows Server)
- Storage Area Network Maintenance/Support (EMC, NetApp etc)
For each of the type of contract described above, please can you provide me with the following data. If there is more than one contract please split the information for each separate supplier this includes annual spend
- Contract Title:Please provide me with the contract title.
- Type of Contracts (ABOVE): Please can you provide me with one or more contract types the contract relate to: Server Hardware, Virtualisation, SAN (Storage Area Network)
- Existing/Current Supplier:Please provide me with the supplier name for each contract.
- Brand: Please state the brand of hardware or software
- Operating System / Software (Platform): (Windows, Linux, Unix, Vsphere, AIX, Solaris etc.) Please state the operating system used by the organisation.
- Annual Average Spend:Please provide me with the most recent annual spend for this contract?
- Contract Duration: (Please can you also include notes if the contract includes any contract Extension periods.)
- Contract Expiry Date: Please can you provide me with the date of when the contract expires.
- Contract Review Date: (An approximate date of when the organisation is planning to review this particular contract.)
- Purchase of Servers: Could you please provide me with the month and year in which most/bulk of servers where purchased.
- Number of Physical Server: Please can you provide me with the number of physical servers.
- Number of Virtual Servers: Please can you provide me with the number of Virtual servers’ servers.
- Brief Contract Description: I require a brief description of the service provided under this contract. Please do not just put maintenance I need at least a sentence.
- Contract Owner: (The person from within the organisation that is responsible for reviewing and renewing this particular contract. Please include their full name, job title, direct contact number and direct email address.)
If this service is part of a managed contract please can you send me the contract information for this managed service including Hardware Brand, Number of Users, Operating System, and contact details of the internal contact responsible for this contract
|Section 12 – cost of compliance exceeds appropriate limit
From our preliminary assessment, it is clear that we will not be able to answer your request without further clarification.
We estimate that it will take us in excess of 2.5 working days to determine appropriate material and locate, retrieve and extract the information in reference to your request. Therefore, your request will not be processed further.
Section 12 of the Act makes provision for public authorities to refuse requests for information where the cost of dealing with them would exceed the appropriate limit, which for Bolton NHS Foundation Trust is set at £450. This represents the estimated cost of one person spending 2.5 working days in determining whether the department holds the information, locating, retrieving and extracting the information.