Subject: Discharge Checklist
- Do you have a discharge checklist document available for staff to use when patients are leaving your hospital?
- If so, when is this discharge checklist completed?
- At point of discharge
- Within 12 hours before discharge
- 12 to 24 hours before discharge
- 25 to 48 hours before discharge
- More than 48 hours before discharge
- Was this check list developed using guidance issued by Department of Health or NHS England? If so please tick the applicable guidance:
- Achieving timely ‘simple’ discharge from hospital: A toolkit for the multi-disciplinary team. (NHS)
- Ready to go? Planning the discharge and the transfer of patients from hospital and intermediate care. (DH)
- Discharge from hospital: pathway, process and practice (DH)
- Other – please provide the name
4. If you have a written discharge checklist, does it contain any of the following:
- Method of transport for the patient post discharge
- If relatives or carers have been informed of the discharge, prior to the discharge
- If new medicines have been prescribed during the hospital stay
- If the home environment (where an individual is discharged to) is a suitable place for the patient to recuperate in.
- If essential food, water, heating are available in home environment
- If written or verbal advice has been given to the patient
- If the patient requires a mobility aid (including a wheelchair)
|Please find information attached.
2018-602 – FOI Request – Discharge Checklist [128 kb] PDF