Subject: Into the diagnosis, treatment and management of heart valve disease (HVD) in English CCGs and Trusts
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Heart Valve Voice (charity number: 1159219) writes to request the following information:
Heart valve disease (HVD) is a collective term referring to valve stenosis, valve obstruction or valve regurgitation. These conditions can affect the tricuspid, mitral, pulmonary or aortic valves. HVD is defined by the following ICD-11 codes: I05.0-I08.9; I34.0-I39.4.
All data requested is for the most recent data collection period – assumed to be April 2017 – March 2018
- Do you keep a record of the number of Welsh patients transferred from Welsh Health Boards to your Trust for treatment?
- If yes, please state the number of Welsh patients diagnosed with heart valve disease, treated within the Trust in the last year for which data is available, and – if available – which Health Board they had been transferred from:
|Health Board||Number of HVD patients transferred|
- What is the average wait for an echocardiogram within your Trust?
- Does your Trust recharge the Welsh Health Board for the treatment of patients who are transferred?
- If yes, how much (average), has your Trust charged Welsh Health Boards for providing treatment for heart valve disease patients in the past year?
|Please find information attached.|