Subject: Overseas charging
- Between 23 October 2017 and 23 April 2019, how many ID checks did your trust carry out under the NHS (Charges to Overseas Visitors) (Amendment) Regulations 2017?
- How many patients were found to be chargeable?
- Please provide an anonymised list of what treatments the charges made were for.
- Please give a total amount charged to overseas visitors in that time period.
- How many staff do you employ as part of your overseas visitors team, specifically to enforce the regulations? If no-one holds this as their only role, please provide this in terms of staff hours.
- What is the annual cost of these staff?
- If possible, please provide a breakdown of chargeable patients’:
- country of origin
- category of medical urgency
- Did any patients have bills issued that were later revoked because they were found to be for a treatment that should not have been charged for? If so:
- How many?
- What for?
|Please find information attached.
2019-509 – FOI request – Overseas charging [207 kb] PDF