Clinical psychologists

There are different types of psychologists, but they are all trained to understand how children and young people think and learn. They can help you to understand the links between your thoughts, feelings and behaviour in different situations like home and school. Sometimes they will work just with you but often it will be with your parents, carers or whole family too. 


Many psychologists who work in CAMHS are also called doctor but this is different to a medical doctor.