At your first appointment you will be supported to complete a short lifestyle assessment which will give you a personalised report on your current health and wellbeing. At your next meeting your health improvement practitioner will discuss the report with you and together you will develop a personal health plan. Once you have set your own health goals, your health trainer will support and motivate you over a period of time to achieve them.
For example you may want to:
- Stop smoking
- Cut down on your alcohol intake
- Improve your diet and manage your weight
- Start to get more active
- Feel more relaxed.
Some patients may require specialist support to achieve their goals and their health trainer can signpost them to other wellbeing services, such as:
- Get Active (physical activity service)
- Stop Smoking Service
- Think Positive (mental wellbeing service)
- Alcohol support services.