The orthopaedic medical and nursing staff provide the following services:
- Elective (planned) outpatient clinics
- Operating lists (day case and inpatient procedures)
- Fracture clinics
- Therapy-led services
- Children’s services
- Nerve conduction studies (to test how well the nerves carry signals between different parts of the body)
- Plaster room facilities
- Pre-operative assessments
- Two X-ray rooms within the outpatient department at the Royal Bolton Hospital and one X-ray room on the ground floor at Bolton One.
Patients have access to an early surgical opinion and are seen by the right professional at the right time so fewer tests are needed to diagnose the problem.
The department offers specialist services in revision hip and knee arthroplasty (repair or replacement of the joint), hip arthroscopy (keyhole surgery of the hip), and the treatment of young patients requiring hip surgery. We provide specialist upper limb and foot and ankle services and also provide specialist classes for patients and carers in preparation for joint replacement surgery.