Young people are allocated a substance misuse worker who will work with them focusing on identifying needs, assessing substance misuse and looking at strengths to develop an individual care package to enable young people to make a positive change in their lives.
This can include:
- harm reduction
- emotional health
- risks and triggers
- relapse prevention taking a holistic approach looking at education, training, employment, family life, sexual health, housing, benefits, criminal justice, general health and wellbeing.
The aim is to work to enable young people to:
- stop or reduce their substance use
- increase understanding of the effects and dangers of substances
- reduce the risks young people take
- improve physical and emotional health
- support access to education, training or employment.
You can contact us on tel: 01204 337330 or by emailing ALWCH.email@example.com for more information or support.