Our Strategy…for a better Bolton
Our five-year strategy describes our vision for the future – to be recognised as an excellent provider of health and care services, and a great place to work. It also sets out the things we need to do to make that vision a reality for a better Bolton and describes what we hope that future will look like. We have six big ambitions that describe what we will do over the next five years.
Ambition 1: To give every person the best treatment, every time
Everyone who comes to our hospital has a right to receive good quality, safe treatment. By 2024, we want to be in the top 10% of hospitals for quality of patient care and we will do this by:
- Reducing deaths in hospital
- Reducing harm in hospital
- Making sure everyone has a good experience in hospital
- Helping our staff improve services
Ambition 2: To be a great place to work
To provide high quality care, we need brilliant people. Our staff are our greatest asset, and over the next five years, we will do more to support everyone to be the best that they can be. We will provide opportunities for staff to develop new skills and we will work closely with local education providers to train the next generation of healthcare workers.
Ambition 3: To spend our money wisely
It is vitally important for us to plan how we use our money to provide the best care. To do this, we will identify opportunities to organise our services differently to make savings, as well as finding ways to increase our income to help us to reinvest in services.
Ambition 4: To make our hospital and our buildings fit for the future
Developing our estate is a key priority for the next five years. We want to make sure that we make the best use of the space that we have, and to use it to make a positive contribution to our local communities. We will develop and publish an Estates Masterplan which will describe our vision for the future.
Ambition 5: To join-up services to improve the health of the people of Bolton
The people who have frequent contact with services across the health and social care system tell us that it be confusing and difficult to navigate. To address this, we have worked with our partners across Bolton to establish an Integrated Care Partnership (ICP) to deliver more joined-up care to our population. Over the next five years, we will co-design new models of care and work with our communities to support people to stay well for longer.
Ambition 6: To develop partnerships across Greater Manchester to improve services
To better provide all of the services and support that our population and staff require, we need to work collaboratively with our partners across Greater Manchester. Together, we will:
- Improve clinical services for our patients
- Provide resilient clinical support services (e.g. Radiology and Pathology)
- Strengthen education and training
- Lead in innovation and research
This short film provides an overview of what we aim to achieve with our strategy for the next five years.
Full details of our strategy can be read by clicking on the link below to the full document. There is also a summary document, and the plan on a page image below provides an overview of the strategy.
Trust Strategy 2019 to 2024 [3mb] PDF
Summary of the Strategy 2019 to 2024 [135kb] PDF
Our Trust Values demonstrate the beliefs that underpin the way we work together and with patient. Our Values drive what we do to help us deliver our ambitions in a way that puts patient safety and care first.
- We have a plan that will deliver excellent healthcare for future generations, working collaboratively towards sustainability
- We make decisions that are best for long-term health & social care outcomes for our communities
- We communicate clearly to our patients, families and our staff, with transparency & honesty
- We encourage feedback from everyone to help drive innovation and improvements
- We demonstrate fairness, respect and empathy in our interactions with people
- We take responsibility for our actions, speaking out and learning from any mistakes
- We take a person-centred approach in all our interactions with patients, families and our staff
- We provide compassionate care and demonstrate understanding to everyone
- We put quality and safety at the heart of all our services and processes
- We continuously improve our standards of healthcare with the patient in mind