Telephone Number: 01204 390330
Qualifications and where Dr Ali studied:
• Bachelor of Dental Surgery - University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
• Membership of Faculty of Dental Surgery - Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
• Masters in Dental Public Health - University of Manchester
• Masters in Clinical Dentistry (Orthodontics) - University of Manchester
• Membership in Orthodontics - Royal College of Surgeons, England
• Fellowship in Dental Surgery (Orthodontics) - Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
Dr Ali has previously worked at private practice throughout Greater Manchester. He has also trained and worked in most hospital in Greater Manchester, including Manchester Royal Infirmary, Royal Albert Infirmary Wigan, Tameside General Hospital, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Salford Royal Infirmary and Wythenshawe Hospital. Dr Ali came to work at Bolton NHS FT in January 2020.
• British Orthodontic Society
• British Dental Association
• Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
• Royal College of Surgeons, England
Special Interests and Research
• Treatment of adults seeking to improve their dental health and appearance.
• Masters thesis: Systematic review of orthodontic cements to prevent white spot lesions.
• Masters thesis: Assessing the rotational effects of the modified twin-block appliance.
Orthodontic management of patients with autistic spectrum disorder.
H Ali, B Mushtaq, O Malik
Dent Update 2019; 46: 646-652
A technique for utilising ankylosed teeth for anchorage.
H Ali, S Chadwick
Int J Ortho 2017 Spring;28(1):35-36.
A new approach to debonding lingual brackets.
H Ali, D Waring, OH Malik
Int J Ortho 2015, 26(1):41-42
Mosby’s orthodontic review (book review)
Br Dent J 2014 June; 218:617
Systematic reviews explained: AMSTAR – how to tell the good from the bad and the ugly.
MO Sharif, FNJ Sharif, H Ali, F Ahmed
Oral Health Dent Manag. 2013 Mar;12(1):9-16
Dental implant restoration: principles and procedures (book review).
Br Dent J 2011, 211:439-440
Aesthetic perceptions – is there a difference?
H Ali, F Burke, G McKenna
J Dent Res 87(Spec Iss C):0267, 2008